Very old, historically rich traditional dance in Arab countries, danced by women as well as men.
It consists of steps and movements connected by a predefined choreography. Advanced dancers can use their fantasy and improvise.
There’s many kinds of oriental dance styles and all of them have their specific charm. They differ according to origin, era of creation, execution, typical elements and steps, music, rhythm, clothing, dresses – the list could go on…
Why is Oriental Dance so popular in our modern western world?
• mental and physical condition benefits
• shapes the female body
• while dancing there’s increased bloodflow in the whole area of the pelvis and legs. Muscles around the spine are being relaxed and strenghened
• while dancing we use muscles that otherwise would stay idle in everyday life
• has an amazing effect on shaping a perfect, graceful female body
• helps to escape from the worries of everyday life
• helps women get used to their bodies and realize their womanhood, show their assets and understand that they don’t need to have ideal proportions to be beautiful
• Everyone can dance!